So this is another one of those tags that I randomly saw and thought looked like a lot of fun to do. I have no clue who originally started it, but I have seen it on a number of different blogs.
January–Garnet–Associated with warding off negative forces and dark energies–Name a book with the darkest/most evil character you can think of
- So with this I had to go with my most hated character in a book series and that is Dolores Umbridge from the Harry Potter series. I actually like Voldemort more then her, that’s how much I hate her.
February–Amethyst–Purple is associate with royalty–Name a book with regal qualities
- The first book that came to mind for this one was Red Queen. The book deals with a royal family, and it was really just the first thing that came to mind.
March–Aquamarine–Washed Out–Name a ‘wishy washy’ character, a character who is a follower or not strong
- I had a hard time thinking of one for this category for some reason but I ended up settling with Sam from Rebel Bully Geek Pariah. Her character definitely evolves over the course of the story but at the beginning she very much becomes a follower because she finally feels like she is part of a group and not as much of a loner.
April–Diamond–A diamond in the rough–Name a book that you loved but is not well known
- One of my favorite books that I read while in high school was The Blue Girl by Charles de Lint and although it is older, it’s one that I never hear anyone talk about. I love his writing style and the fantasy worlds he manages to create and I remember just really liking this book.
May–Emerald–Said to balance energy–Name two characters who balance each other well
- This would definitely have to be Emma and Julian from Lady Midnight. I really enjoyed the book and thought that they were two perfect characters who really rely on one another in so many different ways.
June–Pearl–Associated with loyalty–Name a character who is loyal to the end
- For this I have to pick another character from a Cassandra Clare novel and that is Will from The Infernal Devices trilogy. I think he is probably one of the most loyal, self-sacrificing characters within any of her series.
July–Ruby–Blood Red–Name a book that made your blood boil
- This is very easily New Moon, the second novel in the Twilight series. I absolutely hated this novel (though I really don’t like the whole series). Bella is an incredibly weak character to begin with and it just becomes so much worse in this novel to the point that it was nauseating.
August–Peridot–Pale-Green–Name a supporting character that you like better then the main character
- So for this I choose Ford Prefect from Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy. He’s just such a funny character and is kind of the perfect opposite to Arthur Dent, the main character.
September–Sapphire–Blue, like the ocean which is calming–Name a book that had a calming affect on you
- The first thing that came to mind for me was The Five People You Meet in Heaven. Even though there are definitely sad elements to this story, I just thought it was really sweet and beautiful.
October–Opal–Iridescent–Name an iridescent book
- I love the cover to Lady Midnight. I think it is so pretty and shiny and I just really enjoy it.
November–Topaz–Associated with resilience–Name a book with a character who rises to the top in a time of adversity
- For this I’m going to do a throwback and say Stanley Yelnats from Holes. I really want to reread this book because I remember loving it, and I really love the movie. But Stanley’s family believe they have a curse on them, especially when Stanley gets wrongly accused of stealing a pair of sneakers and gets sent to a camp to “rehabilitate” him, where he and other boys are forced to dig holes, allegedly to help them learn there lesson. Stanley eventually ends up on a journey that leads him to ridding the family of their curse forever and helping the other boys in the program.
December–Blue Zircon–Associated with friendship–Name a book with a friendship you want to be a part of
- This without a doubt would be the friendship between Harry, Ron, and Hermione from the Harry Potter series. Who wouldn’t want to be a part of that friendship, I mean really?!